Adding placeholders to your Contact Form 7 (CF7) forms offers the following advantages:
- Make it easier for users to understand the info required in your form
- Include detailed examples in each form field
- Supplement shorter information given in form field labels.
In this article, we show you how to add placeholders in your Contact Form 7 forms using the CF7 Skins Visual Editor.
Add CF7 placeholders using the CF7 Skins Visual Editor
You can set a placeholder in your form, using the CF7 Skins Visual Editor, by following these steps:
1. In the Skins section of your Contact Form 7 form, go to the Form tab.
2. Click the Edit icon of the form field where you want to add a placeholder.
3. Enter your placeholder in the Default Value field on the Edit Dialog box that appears in the sidebar.
4. Check Use this text as the placeholder of the field.
5. Once you are satisfied with your changes, click Save Visual to save the form.
- Contact Form 7 Documentation – Placeholders
- Easily Add Contact Form 7 Placeholder Text To Any Input Field – Video
- Better Contact Form 7 Checkboxes & Radio Buttons
This article is about adding placeholders using the CF7 Skins Visual Editor. To learn about adding placeholders using the Contact Form 7 form editor, see Adding placeholders in your Contact Form 7 forms (with CF7 Editor).