If you use HubSpot to manage your inbound marketing, sales, and customer services, you can easily connect Contact Form 7 (CF7) with HubSpot to directly add new Contacts, Companies, or any other HubSpot object using the submitted form data.
This article will give you step-by-step instructions on using your Contact Form 7 form to directly add contacts to your HubSpot account. You can use the same method to add any other HubSpot object.
What is HubSpot?
HubSpot is a Customer Relationship Management application that is used for inbound marketing, sales, and customer service. You can use it for free to add up to 1 million contacts and has excellent customer relationship tools to get started with marketing.
Advantages of using Contact Form 7 with HubSpot
You can use a Contact Form 7 form to add records easily to your HubSpot account. Doing this provides benefits such as:
- No need to manually add contacts, tickets, deals, or any other HubSpot object. The integration provides automated addition of new records.
- Add users to an automated email marketing campaign.
- Easily design the subscription form to match your website’s theme.
- Complete control over form fields. You can send any field data to HubSpot.
- Show sign-up forms anywhere you want using the CF7 shortcode.
Tip: There are many WordPress plugins that provide HubSpot integration with Contact Form 7. In this article, we will use Integration for Contact Form 7 HubSpot to do this.
Before you begin
But before we get started, you must do the following:
- Create a HubSpot account – Do this by going to HubSpot’s sign-up page and providing the required details.
- Create a Contact Form 7 form containing fields that you want to send to Hubspot. An example form to send the information of a new subscriber is shown below.
Connecting Contact Form 7 with HubSpot
To connect Contact Form 7 with HubSpot, you must follow these steps:
1. Install Integration for Contact Form 7 HubSpot on your website
To install Integration for Contact Form 7 HubSpot:
1. On your WordPress website, go to Plugins >> Add New.
2. Search for Integration for Contact Form 7 HubSpot.
3. Click Install Now.
4. Activate the plugin.
Tip: You can also install the plugin by downloading a zip file from the WordPress Plugin Directory.
2. Connect your HubSpot account with your website
To connect your HubSpot account with your WordPress website:
1. On your WordPress dashboard, go to HubSpot and select the HubSpot Account tab.
2. Click Login with HubSpot.
3. Choose the account you want to connect and click Choose Account.
4. Enter an Account Name to identify your account on your WordPress website.
5. Click Save Changes.
Tip: After logging in with Hubspot, you can click Test Connection to check whether the connection is working.
3. Create a HubSpot feed to send submitted data to HubSpot
After you create a CF7 form, you also need to create a HubSpot feed to connect the form with your HubSpot account. Doing this sends the data submitted in the form to HubSpot.
1. On your WordPress dashboard, go to HubSpot and select the HubSpot Feeds tab.
2. Click Add New.
3. Enter a Name of the feed.
4. Select the previously created HubSpot Account.
5. Select the previously created Contact Form.
6. Choose the object that you want to create in HubSpot using the data submitted through the form. Since this is a new subscriber form, we select Contact.
Tip: By default, you can select either Contact, Company, Task, Ticket, or Deal.
7. In the Field Mapping section, add the field names that you want to send to HubSpot and map them to the CF7 form fields.
8. Scroll down and click Save Feed.
Now, every time a user submits the form on your WordPress website, a new contact is created in your HubSpot account.