You can easily add a Contact Form 7 (CF7) form to a page or post using the WordPress Gutenberg/Block editor. However, sometimes you might not find your intended form in the selector menu of the block. If you face this issue, no need to worry. There’s an easy workaround to it.
This article will show you how to add any Contact Form 7 form via the block editor, even if you don’t find your form in the Contact Form 7 block.
The Limitation of Contact Form 7 Block
To add a CF7 form using the WordPress Block Editor, you just need to add a new Contact Form 7 block and select the required form from the drop-down menu. Although it tends to be a highly convenient method, it has a limitation.
The form selector menu only lists up to 20 contact forms.
If you have more than that on your website and you want to add one that is not included in the selector list, then don’t fret. There’s a simple workaround to this problem.
Tip: You cannot create a new form using the Contact Form 7 block. The block only lets you add previously created forms to a post or page.
Workaround – Using the Shortcode Block
You can overcome this issue by using the Shortcode block. To add a CF7 form using the shortcode block:
1. Go to Contact >> Contact Forms and select the form that you want to add to the website.
2. Copy the shortcode for the form.
3. Go back to the post or page where you wanted to add the form.
4. Click Add Block.
5. Search for Shortcode and select the Shortcode block.
6. Paste the previously copied shortcode into the provided text field.
7. Update the post or page to save changes.
Now, you can add any Contact Form 7 form in your website using the Gutenberg editor.