Contact Form 7 (CF7) includes a simple way for you to receive all the information submitted in your forms directly in your email inbox.
In this article, we show how to add the submitted form information in your Contact Form 7 emails.
Using submitted form data in your CF7 emails
You can add all the information, submitted by people completing your forms, directly to the emails sent by Contact Form 7, every time someone submits a form.
Follow the steps below to:
- Collect the form users email address
- Add the collected email address to your Contact Form 7 email.
Tip: You can use the same method to add the information submitted in any form field to your email.
Collect the form users email address
1. Go to Contact >> Contact Forms. Open your CF7 form & look at the Form tab.
2. Add an input field in the form which accepts the email address of the user.
In this case, the name of CF7 form tagForm Tag Form Tags in Contact Form 7 (CF7) (in the Form Tab) are used to define all CF7 form fields. Each Form Tag is replaced with an HTML element, which represents an input field, when it is displayed in an actual form. is your-email. This name will be used to add the entered value to your CF7 email.
Add the collected email address to your CF7 email
3. Now switch to the Mail tab & scroll down to the Message Body field.
5. Enter the name of CF7 form tag is your-email (noted in Step 2) as a mail tagMail Tag Mail Tags are used in Contact Form 7 (CF7) (in the Mail Tab) to show information collected from CF7 form fields (in the Form Tab) in emails sent by CF7..
Here, the mail tag is [your-email].
Tip: A mail tag for a field is simply the name of the field (added while creating the form) enclosed within square brackets. You need to match Mail Tags with Form Tags in Contact Form 7.
6. Click Save.
Completed Contact Form 7 email
Now, the email address submitted in the form is added to all the emails you receive when the users submit the form.
Tip: Apart from the mail tagsMail Tag Mail Tags are used in Contact Form 7 (CF7) (in the Mail Tab) to show information collected from CF7 form fields (in the Form Tab) in emails sent by CF7., which reference only the data submitted in the form, you can also use some special mail tags (provided by Contact Form 7) in the email.
- Beginner’s guide to setting up mail in Contact Form 7
- Matching Mail Tags with Form Tags in Contact Form 7
- Using Special Mail Tags to improve your Contact Form 7 emails