Last Updated on
In your Contact Form 7 (CF7) forms, proper addition of links can provide valuable background information to the form inputs.
Links can provide additional information either by displaying pop-up panels or by directing your users to other web pages. You can also use links to provide references and connections among the elements in your form.
Adding links using the CF7 Skins Visual Editor
Tip: The HTML element is only available for CF7 Skins Pro users.
To add a link using the CF7 Skins Visual Editor follow these steps:
1. Go to your Contact >> Contact Forms >> Form.
2. Scroll down to the Skins section.
3. From the FIELDS (CF7 SKINS ITEMS) section, drag and drop a new HTML element to the desired position in the form.
4. Click the Edit icon of the HTML element.
5. Add a pair of opening and closing a tags with the destination address in the href attribute. Enter the title of the link in the middle.
6. Click Done to close the edit dialog.
Tip: You can click Done to close the Edit dialog box if you want, but you don’t need to do this – your changes are updated in the CF7 Skins Visual Form tab as you type.
7. Click Save Visual.
The link is now displayed in the form as shown below:
This article is about adding HTML links using the CF7 Skins Visual Editor. To learn about adding HTML links using the Contact Form 7 form editor, see Adding HTML links in your Contact Form 7 forms (with CF7 Editor).