This article is about adding text labels using the Contact Form 7 form editor. To learn about adding text labels using the CF7 Skins Visual Editor, see Adding text labels in your Contact Form 7 forms (with Visual Editor).
You can make your Contact Form 7 (CF7) forms more readable & easy to use by adding helpful text labels on each form field.
Adding suitable text labels in your forms offers the following advantages:
- They help form users understand your form and let them know what is required in each field
- Clicking on the text within the label tags automatically highlights the respective form field
- Label tags are also extremely useful for screen readers as well.
Adding text labels from the CF7 form tab
You can add text labels to an input field from the CF7 Form tab by following these steps:
1. Go to your Contact >> Contact Forms >> Form.
2. In the Form tab, add the label and the form element within the
3. Alternatively, you can use the id and the for attributes to separate the form-tag from the text label:
4. Update all the fields with the necessary text labels.
5. Click Save.
The text labels are now displayed in the form as shown below:
- Contact Form 7 Documentation – Adding text-labels to input fields
- Contact Form 7 Documentation – How to edit Contact Form 7 templates